SPEC CINT95 Benchmark: 132.ijpeg
- Image compression/decompression on in-memory images based on the JPEG
- Like 129.compress, the common utility has been adapted to run out of
memory buffers rather than reading/writing files.
- The benchmark application performs a series of compressions at differing
quality levels over a variety of images. The workload is taken from the
behavior of someone seeking the best tradeoff between space and time
for a variety of images.
- Good opportunities to show off superscaler integer capabilities.
Types of Data Provided
- Rough estimates of some of the basic hardware level activities: CPI, I-
and D-cache activity, and TLB activity. This data is only useful for comparing
the '95 benchmarks, not for comparing against any particular hardware.
- Full gprof(1) outputs. [Procedure level profiling with call graphs.]
- The first 50 lines of the profile taken from the full gprof(1) output.
- Reports from sar(1). [System activity levels.]
[Mon Jan 8 14:05:06 PST 1996]